The paradise of Vietnam, the Ly Son Island is located in the north-east of the province of Quang Ngai, 24 km from the mainland. Nowadays, Ly Son is one of the last untouched islands in Vietnam and still away from the mass tourism. If you are looking for an abandoned island paradise while planning a trip to Vietnam, you should come here.
The island is known for its blue sea, its white sandy beach and traces of the volcanic eruptions some 25 to 30 million years ago, which creates a wonderful natural landscape.
Guide to Ly Son Island
- Upon arrival, the unique fast boat services departs daily at 8 o’clock from the Sa Ky port – Quang Ngai to Ly Son.
- From the big island the wooden boat moves to the small island. The journey takes about 30 minutes. You should make a reservation to get a pick up with by boat. There are two possibilities for a trip to the small island: Back and forth in the day or camping on the small island.
- Ly Son island host a numerous standard style hotels and several guest houses
- The cultivation season for garlic is at the beginning of September. The harvest time falls in December or January. The landscape of garlic fields dominates the entire island as well as tourism in northern Vietnam.
- Besides garlic, fresh seafood are also specialty of the island. Seafood dishes are offered very much on the island.
Day 1 – Flight from Hanoi to Ly Son (D)
Pick up from your hotel or given address within Hanoi’s old quarter and transfer to Noi Bai airport for a flight to Chua Lai – Quang Ngai. Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to Sa Ky port from where we take a speedboat to the Ly Son Island. Check in and have time for rest – latter you will be visiting Hang Pagoda and the Hang Cau as well as To Vo Gate from where you will have the best view for the sunset over the azure sea. Dinner will be served in local restaurant with fresh seafood
Day 2 – Ly Son – Be Island Getaway (B – L – D)
After breakfast we will take a boat at around 8 AM to Be Island from where we have around 3 hours to discover the untouched Island by Tuk-Tuk, you have occasion to take photograph, lying on white sands or swim and or sunbath. Latter transfer to Ly Son by boat to have our lunch with time to explore the markets or just enjoy the sea with relaxing time. Latter, return to Sa Ky port, transfer to hotel for an overnight stay Quang Ngai
Day 3 – Quang Ngai – Flight back to Hanoi (B)
Enjoy the breakfast at your hotel and spend a last few hours on your own before transfer to teh airport to take a flgiht back to Hanoi – End of the 3 day Hanoi – Ly Son Island tour